Get out the wine — time to celebrate!

There's less of me today. Or in other words, I lost another two pounds. That makes a total of 13.5 lbs! Woohoo! I was certain that I had gained these past two weeks (since I had indulged in the tradition of roasting marsh mellows by the campfire last weekend, along with some root beer floats. And espresso gelato. And tortilla chips. And a few other choice snacks.) This morning I reluctantly stepped on the Weight Watchers scale...a scale that is so notoriously accurate that if I don't empty my pockets of tissues and spare baby wipes, it reads me about .5 lb heavier. I exhaled, held my breath, shut my lids and prayed that I'd have the strength to face the truth. "Good job!" the WW Lady said. I peered out of one eye. What did I just hear? Was I dreaming? "I lost? I didn't gain?"

The WW Scale. It looms over my shoulder, on my back every day. It says things to me like, "Are you sure you should be eating that?" and "You're not going to eat that are you? I'm gonna tell! You're such a fake!" It seems the only thing that I am able to eat guilt free are raw veggies. And lordie knows I cannot survive on anything that snaps when you bend it. So I place food in my mouth, continuously trying to dodge the Energizer Bunny WW Scale. There have been times, trust me, when the thought of cutting my hair in order to save face on Saturday a.m.'s when the WW Scale and I have our showdown. And don't think I wouldn't either! I'd be delirious enough to believe my own conceived deceptions.

So in honor of the lost poundage, I thought I'd share a favorite recipe with you all. It's so delish that you'd hardly believe it was actually good for you too! I have always used a natural peanut butter (no Skippy) but this time made the whole recipe with organic ingredients. Even Oliver loves it... but Oliver loves anything smothered with peanut butter.

Asian Sesame Noodles

asian sesame noodles


Asian Sesame Noodles

INGREDIENTS

2 cups cx broth
2T reduced-sodium soy sauce
3T organic peanut butter
1 clove garlic
1 bunch green onions
1 lime or lemon, juiced
2t dark sesame oil
3-6 carrots shredded or grated
8 oz whole-wheat spaghetti noodles
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (black sesame seeds taste great too)


INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Combine cx broth, soy sauce, peanut butter and garlic in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Remove the sauce from heat and add green onions, citrus juice and sesame oil.
  2. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti. (Keep aldente since noodles will absorb the sauce and could get mushy if over-done.)
  3. Combine the noodles, sauce, carrot and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Toss gently to mix. Serve warm or cover and refrigerate.
Makes 6 servings.

I add grilled chicken breast, chopped fine to the salad in step three. If you happen to be in WW, this recipe is only 3 points per serving (4 w/chicken).

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. what is cx broth? Im in australia and i want to make this meal- looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cx = Chicken! :) That's short for chicken broth, but you can use vegetable broth too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love peanut noodles! Nobody in my family gets it ... but there's just something comforting about them for me. Will try out your healthy version :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the weight loss! I am going back to the points system....I gained half of my weight back since I've moved. This recipe will be used for sure. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are helpful! Thanks!